Sunday, May 2, 2010

First Impressions....

I'm about to be honest. I LIKE THE CHARACTER HOLDEN CAULFIELD.

I believe that his view of the world is completely unique and that he has a very aged view... but I connect with him and understand his feelings and the way he does things at times...

And in answer to the question of can we judge him at this point? I believe it is impossible... I think that there is a lot more to his character than meets the eye, because where else does that kind of depth come from?

I think that Salinger is trying to make a statement saying that not everyone follows the norm. And that's just to put it into simple terms. I think that to say that not everyone is perfect is one of the reasons why this book was censored so much, and because of the fact that it followed a path that led down a darker and more thoughtful road of human existence.


1 comment:

  1. this blog entry, and the one following it I wrote down before I forgot my initial responses, and before I knew more about Holden.

    ReplyDelete